Representing the Accused
There is no such thing as a small crime. A conviction results in immediate penalties such as time behind bars, heavy fines and the loss of your driver's license. It can also negatively impact your future in other ways, preventing you from being hired for a good job, renting an apartment, obtaining a loan and even getting accepted into certain schools.
Because the stakes are high, it is important to fight the charge aggressively. At the law office of Joel W. Anders, we vigorously defend clients charged with felony and misdemeanor crimes in state and federal courts. We represent individuals in Washington, D.C. and nearby Maryland communities.
EXPERIENCED CRIMINAL DEFENSE
Our office handles criminal defense cases involving:
- DWI/DUI: Drunk driving charges leave you facing serious consequences. Our firm provides defense representation in DWI/DUI as well as other traffic violation cases.
- Drug charges: From possession to trafficking, state and federal drug crimes can result in jail time, fines and confiscation of property.
- Theft offenses: Shoplifting and theft may seem minor, but depending on the value of the allegedly stolen items, theft cases may be felonies and leave you facing jail.
- Domestic assault: If you are accused of domestic violence, it is especially important to have legal counsel that understands these charges and how to protect your rights.
- Sex crimes: We work to protect the rights of clients facing different degrees of sex offenses, including rape, sexual assault, solicitation and prostitution.
- White collar crimes: Embezzlement, fraud, forgery and other white collar crimes may be charged in state or federal court. You need an attorney who can handle either situation.
Whether this is your first interaction with the criminal justice system or you have had previous convictions, we can help. We will listen to your story without judgment and then launch an independent investigation into the charge against you. We will carefully evaluate all evidence before developing a solid defense strategy.