Washington, D.C. Attorney Advocates for Your Family
Respected lawyer handles divorces, estate planning, civil litigation and criminal cases
When you need personalized service for a serious issue affecting you or your loved ones, where should you turn? Joel W. Anders, P.C. is a law office dedicated to helping area residents whenever life events require a legal solution. Whether it’s a divorce, a child custody dispute, legacy planning or a criminal charge, we are ready to provide reliable, straightforward advice and capable representation. For more than 40 years, we have helped clients threatened with far-reaching negative consequences. From offices in Washington, D.C. and Bethesda, we protect your rights, assuage your fears and work tirelessly to resolve your legal problems successfully.
Established law office serving the D.C. Metro area
We have been helping individuals and families face difficult legal issues for more than 40 years. We have concentrated our practice on family law, probate, wills, estates, personal injury, major contract disputes and criminal defense matters. When you retain our services, you get legal counsel that is:
- Client-centered — Our goal is to help you achieve your goals. We work closely with you to understand the situation at hand. Then we strive to reach a favorable resolution to the problem.
- Experienced — Having tried countless cases in state and federal court, we have a depth of practical knowledge that helps steer our clients toward positive resolutions.
- Reputable — Over decades of practice, we’ve built a reputation for honesty, professionalism, and a kind demeanor that encourages confidence.
We represent clients in Washington, D.C. and nearby Maryland communities. Wherever you are, our firm provides information about cost upfront, so there will be no financial surprises if we move forward with your case.
Firm assists with divorces, wills, criminal justice proceedings and civil disputes
Many of our clients have never hired a lawyer before and are unsure about what to expect. We are committed to protecting your rights and advancing your interests in matters related to:
- Family law — In addition to divorce, we manage a full range of family law matters, including adoptions, prenuptial agreements and postnuptial agreements.
- Divorce — We handle contested and uncontested divorces, no matter how complex. We are adept at resolving contentious issues, such as alimony, child custody, child support and division of marital property. We also represent clients on post-divorce matters, such as child support modification and enforcement, and relocations.
- Estate planning and litigation — We assist in estate planning by drafting wills, trusts, powers of attorney and advance directives. We also handle probate and estate administration, as well as will contests and other litigation arising from the distribution of a decedent’s assets.
- Civil litigation — Our firm litigates a wide array of cases in civil court, including contract disputes and real estate disputes.
- Criminal defense — We provide capable court representation for issues such as DUI, traffic infractions, drug charges, assault, and even federal criminal charges.
Whatever your legal issue, we gather and evaluate all the necessary information and assess your options, so you can make a fully informed decision on how to proceed. Whenever possible, our team negotiates a timely and cost-effective resolution that upholds your rights. However, if your case requires a trial, we draw on more than 40 years of litigation experience to fight for a positive outcome.
Contact a reputable DC metro attorney for a free consultation
Joel W. Anders, P.C. has a solid reputation based on more than four decades of legal service to clients in the Washington, D.C. area. To discuss how we can help with your legal problem, contact us online or call our office at 202-466-4334.
Our office is located one block from Farragut North on the Red Line and one block from Farragut West on the Blue and Orange Lines. Our Bethesda office is near the Bethesda Metro stop on the Red Line. Office hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday with evening and weekend hours available upon request. Weekends are limited to emergencies. We accept all major credit cards.
Mr. Anders was recently quoted in US News and World Report. Click here.